Do you enjoy making risotto at home? This rich, warm and creamy risotto is made with flavorful homemade mushroom broth, miso, sauteed asparagus, mushroom medley and Sauvignon Blanc. Although I traditionally make risotto on the stovetop in 30 minutes (so worth the time) I have also experimented making it in the Instant Pot and it turned out equally delicious!
The star of the dish is the homemade mushroom broth that can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. The earthiness and creaminess of this dish is beyond words! We enjoy garnishing with crushed red pepper, parsley, vegan parmesan and a splash of balsamic vinegar!
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 10 asparagus cut diagonal
- 1 full cup of mushroom melody (shiitake, porcini, oyster, chanterelle, hen of the woods)
- 4 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup of Sauvignon Blanc (or any white wine)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6-7 twigs of fresh thyme
- Sea salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper
- Vegan Parmesan (Violife brand)
- Thick Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Add the mixed mushrooms and let them cook until brown marks for about 3-4 minutes. Remove them on a plate. Add the asparagus in the same pan and saute them for about 1-2 minute until slightly cooked but still crunchy. Remove the asparagus from the heat and keep aside on a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pan.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic for a minute and then add the white wine.
- Cook until the wine evaporates before adding the arborio rice.
- Saute the rice until iit is coated with olive oil, for about a minute.
- Start adding 1/2 cup of vegetable stock at a time while stirring the rice and making sure all the liquid gets incorporated before adding additional stock. (I know it's some work for the arms, but it's worth the effort I promise.)
- When the rice is almost done after 20-25 minutes, add the asparagus, mushrooms, miso, lemon zest, chopped parsley, salt and crushed black pepper to it and give it a gently mix so the arborio rice doesn't break.
- Plate the Risotto and garnish with crushed red pepper, vegan parmesan and microgreens!
- Bon Appetit!