This delicious power bowl packs loads of protein and calcium providing a satisfying lunch any day of the week. Earthy brown rice and quinoa tossed with crunchy vegetables; all topped off with fresh lemon, cilantro, and roasted peanuts – simple, light, and tasty, yet great for you! Makes for a perfect post-workout companion!
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1.5 cups of french beans chopped
- 1 small packet of white mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper medium sliced
- 1 block of firm tofu (14 oz.) cut into cubes (see notes)
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 cups brown rice cooked (see notes)
- 2 cups of quinoa cooked (see notes)
- 4 tbsp soya sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Heat 3 tbsp grape seed oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Give a quick saute.
- Add the green beans and saute for a minute on high heat. Add broccoli, red pepper and mushrooms and cook until slightly crunchy.
- Add the cooked brown rice, quinoa, tofu, soya sauce, paprika, cumin, and salt.
- Mix contents of wok gently allowing all the ingredients to be heated evenly.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and add cilantro. Give all the ingredients one more toss.
- Use roasted peanuts to add a crunchy element and create a great garnish.
Misc Cooking Notes:
- Cooking Tofu: Boil water in a pot on high heat. Cut and wash tofu into square pieces. As soon as the water boils, drop them for 5 minutes and then strain it. Add salt and pepper on tofu and keep it aside.
- Cooking Brown Rice: Take 1 cup uncooked brown rice and add 2.5 cups of water, a pinch of salt, and let it cook for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender and water is gone.
- Quinoa Yield: 1 cup uncooked quinoa will give 2-3 cups of cooked quinoa.