Pancakes are a hit with my kids anytime of the day, so I have been on the hunt for the perfect vegan and gluten-free pancake recipe for some time now. I think I have finally found it!
Unlike store-bought pancake mixes, buckwheat mixes are much more healthier while at the same time very moist (and of course vegan and gluten-free). It almost melts in your mouth!
My family loves chocolate so I often add chocolate chips to make it a sweet treat . I also love an alterantive variation with maple syrup, fresh berries and a dust of powder sugar. These pancakes are sure to put a smile on anyone who eats them!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour ( I use Bob Hills)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 1/4 almond or soy milk
- 3/4 tbsp maple syrup
- A "pinch" of salt
- Fresh berries - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- Chocolate chips
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Vegan butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash the banana with a fork and keep on the side.
- Start adding the wet ingredients to the dry usinga whisk to smooth out any lumps.
- Add the mashed banana to the batter and give it a final whisk.
- Heat up a non stick pan/griddle on medium heat.
- Once the pan gets hot, put a little vegan butter into the pan and pour some batter on top.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the pancake and let it cook 2-3 mins. on each side until it cooks and browns on both sides.
- I usually put a little vegan butter on my pancake as it comes off the heat. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and garnish with seasonal fresh berries.
- Bon Appetit!