The Instant pot is one of my favorite and most usable kitchen appliance at home. It features a electric pressure cooker setting to make dishes under 10-15 minutes. I love making oatmeal, soups, grains, rice and vegetables in it. Being a vegan and making fresh meals 3 times a day, I experimented making quinoa in the Instant Pot one afternoon and I was extremely happy with the results.
This easy, yummy and healthy Mediterranean quinoa salad is made under 3 minutes and is perfect for picnics, lunch boxes, quick meals during busy week. The freshness from the parsley and lemon juice, creaminess from the feta cheese and crunchy toppings make this salad so delectable and satisfying.
1 cup dry white quinoa
1 14 oz chickpea can (rinsed)
1 cup cherry tomatoes split in halves
1/2 english cucumber chopped (with skin)
3/4 cup red onion finely chopped
2-3 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
Vegan feta cheese (violife brand) cut into cubes
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
Crushed pepper to taste
- Wash and add 1 cup quinoa to the Instant Pot along with 1:1/4 cups water and pinch of salt.
- Give it a mix and secure the lid. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 3 minutes.
- Once the 3 minute timer has completed and beeps, allow a natural release for 5 minutes and then switch the Pressure Release knob from sealing to venting to release any remaining stream.
- Open the instant pot and allow the quinoa to cool down a little. Meanwhile chop everything needed for the salad. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and lemon juice to the Instant Pot.
- Give it a nice mix and garnish it with vegan feta cheese cubes.
- (Optional: Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top of the salad)