Many factors affect the performance of our immune system. One of the ways to boost immune system is through good nutrition. Keeping our immune system strong is very essential as it fights off from all kinds of infections and diseases.
Every time our household experiences anything small from cold to viral infection. This simple yet powerful soup always helps us recover it quickly. We prefer to heal with nature’s gift of fruits and vegetables rather than suppressing it with unnecessary medication.
Superfoods like fresh spinach is loaded with iron, protein, vitamins and minerals. The garlic and ginger have antibacterial properties. Squash, cloves, cumin, fresh lemon juice all add comforting and nourishing touches. Try it for yourself and feel the power of vegetables!
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped long squash (available at the Asian store or substitute 1 small zucchini)
1/2 cup chopped potato
1 bunch of fresh spinach
1 garlic clove
2 teapoon fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon cumin
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste
vegan creamer ( nut pods brand)
3 cups water
- Chop celery, carrots, long squash, potato and onion. Add them to a pot along with 3 cups of water, ginger, garlic and cloves.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Let them cook for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Blend everything with fresh spinach and cumin until smooth.
- Add the blended soup to the pot again. Check for any additonal seasoning if needed.
- At the time of serving, pour the soup in a bowl. Finish it with a splash of vegan creamer and lemon juice.