Anytime Mexican cuisine is on the menu at our home, fresh guacamole is a must! Flavorful and creamy, guacamole is a simple dip that relies on the perfect proportion of fresh avocado, cilantro, jalapeno’s, and fresh lemon juice. For some extra heat, you can also dial up the chiles. And for touch of sweetness, add some pomegranate seeds. We often enjoy this recipe as a side with Mexican dishes or as an appetizer with chips! Totally yummy!!
- 4 hass avocados
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped(remove the seeds and the core)
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Jalapenos slices and pompegrante seeds to garnish
- Scoop the avocados out of the peel and put them in a bowl (try authentic stone bowl). Save the avocado pits aside.
- Mash the avocados with a stone crusher or fork.
- Add all the other ingredients and give it a mix.
- Keep the guacamole fresh and green by putting the avocado pits in it and covering with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sliced jalapeno's and pomegrante seeds.