The quintessential northern Indian summer refresher, lassi is a delicious shake made with sweet mangos. Typically made with cow’s milk, this recipe utilizes coconut milk as a substitute – the coconut milk actually makes the lassi creamier. Whenever I drink this lassi, I am transported back to my childhood in India filled with carefree summer days. I hope this recipe will become a part of your future summer memories!
- 1 big ripe mango
- 2 cups "So Delicious" coconut milk
- Seeds of a single cardamom
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- Peel the mango and cut into pieces.
- Add the mango, coconut milk, cardamom seeds, and agave in the blender (Vita Mix preferred) and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio (optional)
- Naturally sweet mangos are the key ingredient to a delicious mango lassi. Mangos are in season from June to August. I have found the best mangos in Costco or Asian Indian grocery stores. Frozen mango is not a good option for making a great lassi.