Homemade rice and beans are a tasty and necessary accompaniment to any Mexican dish including taco bowls, enchiladas, or burritos. I hope you agree this fresh recipe will outdo anything found on a grocery store shelf. The beans with taco seasoning and cumin are flavorful and hearty while the rice provides zesty texture. Try the rice and beans with our other Mexican recipe posts. Disfrútate!
- 1 cup pinto beans (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup onions chopped
- 5 tsp organic taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Wash the beans and add 2 cups of fresh water to the pressure cooker.
- Drop all the above ingredients in the pressure cooker and give it a mix.
- Wait for one whistle, lower the heat, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop by itself.
- Mash the beans on the side of the pot with the help of a spoon and let the beans become thick.
- Keep it on the side.