A super easy, yet delicious ginger miso sauce combined with millet and brown rice noodles, tofu, and vegetables – a perfect noodle dish. The ginger miso sauce is the star of the dish while the toasted sesame seeds and cilantro leaves add a depth of flavor. This is a go-to dish for me when I am short on time and my family wants a quick, flavorful, and satisfying meal. Hope you find it delicious too!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup water
Method for sauce:
- Blend all the sauce ingredients in a blender along with water. Keep it aside.
Method for noodles:
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. (My method: boil 10 cups of water, drop 5 ramen noodle cakes in it. After several minutes, open them with a fork and let cook until tender. Next, immediately drain the water and rinse noodles under cold water.)
- Heat olive oil. Add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, and tofu.
- Let ingredients sauté for few minutes until they are tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Give it a toss.
- Add the noodles to the vegetables / tofu and pour the ginger miso sauce. Mix it gently with the help of two forks making sure noodles don't break.
- Garnish it with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.
For variation, you can add any vegetables you prefer. Broccoli, red bell pepper, snow peas, and edamame are all great choices. For a spicy touch, add some Sriracha sauce.