A satisfying, colorful, and savory asian bowl that is perfect for a quick lunch on busy days. The protein-rich quinoa surrounded by crunchy purple cabbage, snap peas, edamame, and soft tofu, topped with a soy-ginger dressing is a quick way to get a tasty, yet nutritious fill. Let this dish fuel you for your next lunch on the run!
Servings: 2 - 3
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 packet firm tofu
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3-4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup soy ginger sauce (Whole Foods brand)
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa with 1 cup of water and pinch of salt until tender and all the water is evaporated. Keep it aside.
- Wash and cut the tofu into cubes. Boil 4 cups of water and then add the tofu. After 5 minutes, drain the water and keep the tofu aside. (Boiling the tofu is a trick which will soften the texture and remove any of the packaging smell)
- Take 1 tsp olive oil in a pan. Add the washed snap peas and saute for one minute making sure to maintain their crunchiness. Sprinkle it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
- Chop the red cabbage, green onion, cilantro.
- For assembly: Take a bowl. Place quinoa in the middle and surround the quinqoa with the other ingredients as shown in the picture. Drizzle with a soy ginger dressing and enjoy!!
- For a variation, consider adding roasted peanuts for a crunch.