A nutty and gluten free grain that is packed with protein, magnesium, iron, zinc and omega 3; quinoa is a staple diet of our house. Quinoa is a key ingredient in many of my favorite recipes and I enjoy eating it for breakfast, lunch or dinner because of its versatile quality. Our favorite options with quinoa are stir-fry dishes, salads, burgers, and quinoa bowls. Quite often, we also use it as a substitute for white rice and combine it with lentils and vegetables within indian recipes.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the quinoa and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Drop the quinoa and cover the pot.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Open the cover and let it cool completely.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Use it in recipes or enjoy as a side dish.