Thai food is a combination of delicious aroma, vibrant colors and exotic spices. The method of preparing Thai food is very easy, simple, low in fat, incorporates colorful vegetables and fresh herbs. It inspires me to make it every week as part of following a healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Red Thai Curry is a traditional dish bringing flavors of lemongrass, lime juice, ginger, chillies in a rich and delicious coconut broth. Fresh Thai basil enhances the taste and add fragrance to the curry. Serve it with hot jasmine rice and it’s total winner with the family and guests.
Although red curry paste cans are available in market , they are no comparison to home-made pastes prepared with fresh ingredients. Easy to make Thai curry paste can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Next time you crave Thai food, make it in your kitchen with fresh ingredients and vegetables of your choice!
“YOUR BODY IS A REFLECTION OF YOUR LIFESTYLE”
Red curry paste:
5 kashmiri chili's (available in Asian store-deseeded and soaked in water for 10 minutes)
2 big garlic cloves
1 inch ginger piece
1 lemon grass ( cut few inches off the top and bottom)
1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 lime squeezed
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 packet sprouted tofu ( cubed)
1/2 packet white button mushrooms( thinly sliced)
1 cup broccoli (cut into small florets)
1 red pepper sliced long
15-20 Thai basil leaves
1 can coconut milk (organic)
2 finger hot pepper( available in Asian store)
1/4 cup bamboo shoots( optional)
- Dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a non-stick pan for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the coriander and cumin seeds in a blender along with other ingredients of the red curry paste. Grind everything to a smooth paste.
- Heat a stainless steel pot. Add the curry paste with 2 tablespoon of coconut milk. Stiry fry for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and red peppers. Saute them with the curry paste for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the rest of the coconut milk, soya suace, sugar and sea salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the soft tofu, lime juice and thai basil leaves. Boil it for few minutes and keep it aside.
- Garnish it with chopped thai basil leaves and chopped red hot pepper.
- Serve it with hot jasmine rice.
The red curry paste can be stored in a glass container and enjoyed for 2 weeks.