I often pair this luscious sauce with penne pasta, but it works wonderfully with any pasta or ravioli. The sauce receives its rich and flavorful taste from oven roasted red peppers and fresh tomatoes along with garlic and paprika. If you like this sauce as much as I do, consider also serving it as a soup with a fresh basil leaf on top.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 5 tomatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven 350*F.
- Cut the peppers and tomatoes in big cubes. Drizzle some olive oil and put it in the oven to roast them for about 20-25 min.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Paprika, salt, vegetable stock and roasted pepper and tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 15 min.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust the salt or pepper if needed.
- Toss it with freshly boiled gluten free pasta and garnish with basil.