A fun, healthy, colorful dish packed with vegetables and tossed with asian flavors, this stir fry recipe is sure to please. Often times, asian food found in restaurants can be oily, salty, and low on quality vegetables. My goal in creating this dish was to maximize nutritional value with tons of vegetables and protein-rich quinoa, while still keeping everything light and flavorful. The highlight of this dish is definitely the crispy marinated tofu which provides the perfect finishing touch along with lemon and cilantro.
- 8 asparagus chopped
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms
- 2 zucchini medium sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced long
- 1 red pepper sliced long
- 1 small broccoli head cut into florets
- 2 bok choy chopped
- 1 packet firm tofu
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup of grape seed oil
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 6 tbsp soya sauce
- 6 tsp of soy ginger sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Prepare the quinoa and let it cool (see Quinoa Recipe here).
- Chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Wash the tofu and cut into medium square pieces.
- Pat them dry and put them in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp ginger, 1 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tsp Sriracha sauce (increase to make more spicy), 1.5 tbsp arrowroot flour, 1 tsp cilantro.
- Give a toss and let the mixture marinate for 15-20 minutes.
Stir Fry Directions:
Note: The directions below are per person. I typically stir fry and serve individually.
- Heat 2 tbsp of grape seed oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/2 tsp garlic and give a quick saute.
- Add 1 cup of mixed vegetables according to your liking and cook for 1-2 min until tender but crunchy.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the vegetables.
- Next add 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa, 1 tbsp soya sauce, and 1 tsp soya ginger sauce.
- Sprinkle a pinch of paprika and cumin powder.
- Mix ingredients well, stirring occasionally until evenly heated.
- Plate the quinoa and vegetables on a dish.
- Lastly, heat 1 tbsp grape seed oil in a non stick pan.
- Add 6-7 marinated tofu pieces into the pan and crisp up on both the sides.
- Place the crispy tofu pieces on top of the quinoa and vegetables.
- Garnish with cilantro and little lemon juice to finish.