Thai Crunch Salad is such a fun play on different colors, textures and flavors. When we think of Thai flavors-it is right combination of creaminess, sweetness, kick of spice and salt all in one bite. This salad is so easy to prepare using highly nutritious ingredients perfect to enjoy during spring and summer seasons.
For a beautiful and elegant presentation, we use silky butter lettuce as a base of the salad and layer it with colorful vegetables, protein packed edamame, toasted sesame seeds, fresh thai basil and microgreens. The creamy peanut butter dressing drizzled on top is definitely the star of this delicious salad. By using simple pantry ingredients and no added oils, we came up with a finger licking dressing that you’ll crave for extra leftovers everytime!
Ingredients for Salad:
2 small heads butter lettuce
1 cup finely sliced red cabbage
1 small carrot ribbons using a peeler
1 small zucchini ribbons using spiralizer
1 cup frozen edamame, defrosted according to package instruction
7-8 fresh Thai basil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
handful of micro greens
Ingredients for Peanut dressing:
4 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoon soya sauce
2 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 inch ginger finely chopped
1/2 red chili deseeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup water
- In a blender, add all the ingredients of the peanut dressing and blend until it is creamy and smooth. If the dressing is thick add little water to get the right consistency. Add more chili pepper if you prefer spicy.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a serving bowl, add the zucchini ribbons, carrot ribbons, red cabbage and edamamne to it.
- Garnish the salad with fresh Thai basil, little sesame seeds and micro greens.
- Drizzle it with the prepared peanut dressing and serve right away. Or you can serve the dressing on the side so the salad leaves doesn't get soggy.
- Add roasted peanuts for extra crunch if you prefer.
- If you are allergic to peanuts substitiute with almond butter or sunflower seeds.
Enjoy the leftover dressing up to a week in the refrigerator. Simply add little water and mix it well before using it!