After trying this homemade nut milk recipe, we never purchased nut milk from the store again. This recipe produces a delicious, creamy, and frothy nut milk that is great for breakfast or for adding to pancake batter. The cashews provides creaminess while the agave gives a touch of sweetness.
Essential for a vegan diet, this nut milk is a great source of protein and a perfect alternative to cow’s milk. Give it a try; I’m sure you will get hooked!
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Agave syrup
- Soak the almonds and cashews overnight in warm water.
- Next day, drain and wash them. Peel the almonds.
- Place the almonds and cashews in a blender (Vitamix preferred).
- Add, 1/2 cup of warm water and blend them into a paste.
- Now, open the blender add 2 1/2 cups of cold water and 2 tbsp agave syrup.(Add more agave if prefer sweeter)
- Blend again until smooth.
- Enjoy the delicious milk and store the leftovers in the refrigerator.