Do you look forward to your morning coffee to start your day or afternoon cozying up with a latte and a soft squishy blanket? I do for sure! Once of the things I miss right now is travelling to places and trying lovely coffee shops. In the meantime, I have started making more coffee beverages at home.
This vegan mocha latte is the perfect beverage when you crave hint of coffee and chocolate like me! Ordering vegan lattes from typical coffee shops can be a disappointment as often times they make the lattes either too bitter, too sugary, or with too less froth (froth is a key to great tasting and looking latte).
The key to making great vegan lattes at home is buying a frother (I recommend Breville brand) and using oat milk instead of other dairy alternatives like almond, coconut or soy milk. Oat milk generates great froth and makes the latte very creamy. It also lacks the nutty flavor of almond milk which works better with lattes as you can then infuse other flavors. You can certainly use any vegan milk of your choice of course in this latte!
Unlike many coffee-based beverages that are loaded with sugar and dairy, this mocha latte is made with oat milk, warming spices and raw cacao powder that provides antioxidants and a rich, chocolatey flavor to it. Next time you are craving coffee, don’t head to Starbucks; make a delicious vegan latte within the comfort of your own home in minutes!
2 cups oat milk (Oatly brand)
2 teaspoon raw cacao powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus more to taste)
1-2 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetner of your choice
2 shots of expresso
- Make expresso shots using a coffee machine.
- Heat up oat milk, cinammon, raw cacao powder and sweetener of your choice in a pan.
- Use a milk frother to create foam (creating good froth is the key in a latte!)
- Add the expresso shots in the serving mugs and pour the oat latte on top.
- Give it a gentle stir and sprinkle it with dark chocolate shavings and cinammon.
- Enjoy on chilly mornings or for cozy vibes with a blanket!