A creamy and light vegan take on sour cream that’s sure to impress! I have searched the store isles for a great vegan sour cream, but found most to be overly tart and unnatural. The cashews make this recipe very creamy and the lemon juice adds a fresh tartness to it. It’s hard to believe there is no dairy in it. Try this recipe and you will never buy sour cream off the shelf again!
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Put everything in the blender until smooth (Vitamix suggested).
- Enjoy over burritos, taco bowls, or any dish that calls for sour cream.
- Store the left over sour cream in the refrigerator. It will stays fresh for several days!