Are you looking for a healthy yet delicious pancake recipe? Look no further, these vegan spelt pancakes are divine indulgence of fluffy, moist, delicious and nourishing breakfast/ brunch options without a guilt. My kids love eating pancakes anytime of the day and nothing makes me happy to serve them pancakes made with the right ingredients that are tasty yet beneficial to their health. The store bought mixtures and restaurants batters are highly processed with white flour, eggs, dairy products, preservatives and sugars. My daily and creative experiments led me to this super successful recipe that is fit for our dietary needs and makes everyone smile!
The various vegan toppings definitely add to the taste and charm of pancake eating. Vegan whip creams, colorful berries, creamy almond or nut butters, maple syrup or sugar snowflakes are all yummy and perfect compliment to these mouth watering pancakes!
Servings: Makes 6-8 Pancakes!
1 tablespoon flax meal
3 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1.5 cups organic spelt flour (Arrowhead mills)
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon apple cider vingear
1/4 cup chocolate chips or blueberries (optional)
- To prepare the flax egg, add 1 tablespoon of flax meal and 3 tablespoon of water in a mixing bowl. Mix it and leave it aside for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add the almond milk(oat or other plant-based milk works), apple cider vinegar and vanilla essence. Give it a gently mix.
- To the prepared flax egg, add the maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda and the spelt flour and cinannamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk everything until smooth.
- The batter should be not too runny or too thick. (Adjust the milk/flour if needed.)
- Add blueberries and chocolate chips if you enjoy added flavorings.
- Heat a non-stick pan/skillet on medium high flame. Pour the pancake mixture on the pan and let it cook on one side. Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side.
- Optional toppings: vegan butter, maple syrup, almond butter, powdered sugar, vegan whip cream, caramalized bananas and berries.