Are you looking for a healthy yet delicious pancake recipe? Look no further, these vegan spelt pancakes are divine indulgence of fluffy, moist, delicious and nourishing breakfast/ brunch options without a guilt. My kids love eating pancakes anytime of the day and nothing makes me happy to serve them pancakes made with the right ingredients that are tasty yet beneficial to their health. The store bought mixtures and restaurants batters are highly processed with white flour, eggs, dairy products, preservatives and sugars. My daily and creative experiments led me to this super successful recipe that is fit for our dietary needs and makes everyone smile!
The various vegan toppings definitely add to the taste and charm of pancake eating. Vegan whip creams, colorful berries, creamy almond or nut butters, maple syrup or sugar snowflakes are all yummy and perfect compliment to these mouth watering pancakes!
Servings: Makes 6-8 Pancakes!
1 tablespoon flax meal
3 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup organic spelt flour(Arrowhead mills)
1/4 cup oats
1 1/4 cup vegan milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips( Enjoy life )
- Add the flax meal and 3 tablespoon of water in a mixing bowl. Leave it aside while you take out all the ingredients for the pancake.
- Add the maple syrup, chia seeds, hemp seeds, baking powder and baking soda in the same order to the mixing bowl. Mix it gently with a whisk.
- Add the measured spelt flour, vegan milk(I used almond milk), oats and cinnamon to the batter. Mix it well until everything gets incorporated.
- The batter should be not too runny or too thick. Adjust the milk/flour if needed.
- Heat a non-stick pan/skillet on medium high flame. Pour the pancake mixture on the pan, add the vegan chocolate chips and let it cook on one side. Flip the pancakes and cook on the other side.
- Optional toppings: vegan butter, maple syrup, almond butter, powdered sugar, vegan whip cream, berries.