Bold flavors come alive in this colorful and zesty take on a couscous dish! My goal was to create a couscous dish that felt fresh and light yet flavorful. One of the things I like best about this dish is the ability to make plenty of substitutions / modifications. For example, you can replace the zucchini and yellow peppers with peas, romanesco or butternut squash. For a crunch, consider toasted pine nuts and for some sweetness, consider adding raisins. The possibilities are endless!
Perfect for lunch; try it on a beautiful day outside on your patio. It pairs well with our Zen Juice.
- 1 box organic pearled couscous
- 1/2 zucchini quartered
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped thinly
- 10 cherry tomatoes in halves
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon
- 2 tbsp basil
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the pearled couscous according to the box instructions.
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs and keep it on the side.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the shallot and garlic to it.
- Sauté them for a minute until shallots are soft.
- Add zucchini, yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and cook for a minute. Remove from heat, so the vegetables are still crunchy.
- Finally, toss the couscous into the pan. Add the lemon, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Garnish it with fresh basil and cilantro.
Dish can be served at room temperature or hot.